Summary of our Project
We are hoping to raise funds for our Jiu-Jitsu club following the financial difficulties caused by the pandemic. Jiu-Jitsu makes everyone feel welcome, safe and makes sure everyone enjoys themselves. As a contact sport, we've been hit very hard by the pandemic (no-pun intended).
Despite this, we have offered many online socials and fitness sessions for everyone to join. We would love to offer everyone the opportunity to take part in our classes as well as expanding our offering to women-only self-defense classes. We hope to raise money to help finance our club, continue our classes and maintain our equipment and training facility rent. But we need your help to do this.
Who are we?
We are a friendly, welcoming diverse bunch of people who make up the biggest martial arts club at Swansea University. We train in a safe and comfortable environment and encourage everyone to come and try it out. Your first sessions are always free!!!!! After training, we generally go to the student's bar to socialize and to get to know each other better. You'll have great fun, make great friends and have a great time.
What we're all about
Although we have many laughs and a lot of fun when training we do not forget that we are practicing a martial art and therefore safety is our top priority. Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art based on a traditional style that originated in medieval Japan with the samurai and has been updated to be effective in modern-day defense and combat environments.
We believe that Jiu-Jitsu is an effective form of self defense that everybody should learn.This is why your first session is and will always be free. We want to make sure that it is right for you and that you can try it without having to commit straight away and pay for classes. This year has been hard for everyone but we are committed to seeing as many people training in September as possible.
Where will the money go?
- Most importantly it would go to financing the club, allowing us to continue offering affordable classes for everyone.
- Money raised will first go towards the rent of the pavilion which is where we train
- Secondly, it will go on the maintenance of equipment
- Finally, it will go towards the costs of competitions. Since one of our competition is not a BUCS sport we finance it ourselves. Therefore funds would ensure that we can send more people to take part in Randoris (National Competition)
Meet the team
Find us here
Facebook: Swansea University Jiu Jitsu Club
Help us succeed!
- Any contribution not matter how small would be greatly appreciated by all past, present and future members of the Swansea University Jiu-Jitsu Club.
- Please share this with whoever you think would be interested. Share it with friends and family and with anyone who may wish to join our club, we would be very grateful if you could spread the message.