Support the Egypt Centre
The Egypt Centre is Wales' only Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, attracting over 20,000 visitors annually. We use our collection of almost 6,000 objects to inspire learning for all and widen participation within and outside the Museum. We rely heavily on educational visits, shop sales, and donations as our main source of income. However, since the COVID-19 pandemic, the Museum has had to close for the foreseeable future, thus greatly affecting this income.
Because of the pandemic more people are turning to online resources, which may well become a permanent feature. Therefore, we are working hard to make the Egypt Centre more accessible online. This includes offering online Zoom lectures, revamping our online database, creating virtual trails of the collection, and providing educational resources for teachers, school children, and our volunteers. All of this costs money and we need your support more than ever!
Who are We?
- Wales' only Museum of Egyptian Antiquities with almost 6,000 objects
- We have an award-winning team of over 100 volunteers
- We are a vital learning and teaching resource for students, academics, school children, and casual visitors
- A resource to aid widening participation
- An inspiration for students, visitors, and volunteers
- An important aid to well-being—a recent study conducted by the Welsh Museum Federation has suggested that visiting the Egypt Centre improves your wellbeing by 27%!
Where will the money go?
- Educational resources and maintenance of our activity props
- Publications (printing costs for our new guidebooks)
- Increasing our digital presence by revamping the Egypt Centre online database
- Subscription to the AURA Museum Genius app
- Conservation of our objects
Find us here
Help us succeed!
We are reaching out to you! Please help us to continue to offer educational resources, to increase our digital presence, to conserve our unique and precious collection, and to support our volunteers.
- If you are an Egyptophile, please donate!
- If you appreciate art, museums, and the preservation of antiquities, please donate!
- If you have been inspired by our collection, either through visiting the Museum or virtually, please donate!
- If you value the role of volunteers, please donate!
- If you have attended one of our free Zoom lectures, please donate!
Please share this appeal as widely as possible with friends, on social media, or other means. Every donation or share makes a difference!
Thank you to all of our Supporters!
A big thank you from everyone at the Egypt Centre to all those who are able to support us by making a gift and those who are able to share our appeal on social media. Your generosity ensures that we can provide essential support to our volunteers, schools, researchers, and the general public!